Friday, June 02, 2006

Much good stuff!

It's been a while and many good things have been happening on the campuses.

My team and I have done some rounds of class surveys and a number of freshmen have been coming to our International Lunchtime on Thursdays. 4 of them are now in an evangelistic bible study after one of the guys asked about the Passion of Christ film which kicked off a flurry of questions.

Meanwhile, I'm playing host to a summer team from Singapore that has arrived last week and their never-say-die spirit is a big encouragement to me! And they have been helping me revive my Singlish vocabulary! : )

We also held a Leadership Seminar for the student leaders of the clubs on Todai on Monday. 7 turned up and all of them asked excellent questions. Our associate staff Mike Ebert came in from Osaka to speak and he did a lovely job. As I sat in the session, it was good evaluating my own leadership style and see where I need to grow.

Here are some pictures of the "much good stuff!"




The summer team talking with Todai students


Making kaya toast for our lunchtime


The kaya jar is in the foreground (kaya is a jam mix of coconut and eggs)


Victor with the 4 guys in the evangelistic bible study